I've shared some thoughts on my mental model for productivity in the post about my weekly review.
My monthly review is a bit more abstract and asking the question are we heading in the right direction?.
You can find the weekly review below and the markdown here on GitHub.
🗓🌙 Monthly Review Template
Date & Time
If possible, change your physical environment to allow for a context-switch. At home: work from a different room, play different background music, etc.
It’s a system check for the aircraft. Take things on a more meta-level: Are we heading in the right direction?
A goal is a recognizable, desired state in the future, that causes you to act differently in the present in order to realize it.
- [ ] Read previous monthly review
Did I accomplish my previous goals? What did go right? What did go wrong? In which category do those goals fit?
📅Yearly Planning / Goal Crafting
- [ ] Check on lead and lag measures
- [ ] Check my quarterly plan [[📗🌙 Monthly Review - Logbook/Quarterly Planning with Pangolin Bros]]
- [ ] Read through yearly theme as an inspiration.
- [ ] Read through seasonal theme as an inspiration.
🎭 Mental Health
How did I feel during the month? Did I take care of my mental health?
Mood tracker: Which patterns can I detect? What can I do about it?
🔜 Going Forward
Where are we going?
Outline the goal for the month. How do they connect to my yearly and quarterly goals?
How are you gonna make sure that you achieve those goals? Can you break them down for the weekly review? Create a project and tasks in your project management systems?
📆 Plan the Month
- [ ] Any big events/trips planned? Plan them and schedule them!